Our Wild Gourmet evenings offer an outdoor dining experience like no other. You will be treated to a candlelit woodland walk and be welcomed by an open air log fire, a glass of local wine or sloe gin and live, ambient music. You can enjoy up to five courses of wild, seasonal food which has been lovingly and sustainable foraged or culled locally. It is all cooked and prepared in accordance with food hygeine regulations and we can work with you to tailor a menu to meet your needs. Previous Wild Gourmet evenings have included:
- Canapes of local smoked trout with wild horseradish creme fraiche served on a freshly baked ground ivy flatbread
- Wild pigeon breast, served on a salad of hawthorn, goosegrass and ground elder with a birch sap syrup and caramelised walnuts
- Nettle soup with a dash of creme fraiche and wild horseradish
- Wild venison steak with rosemary roasted potatoes served with steamed watercress and a sloe and crab apple jus
- Blackberry cranachan (the Scottish version of trifle)
- Freshly brewed coffee and sloe gin chocolate truffles
We provide a full waiter service, woodland banqueting table with cushions and candles and can provide shelter in the event of inclement weather.