Cover all aspects of bushcraft and enjoy a night under the stars on this 24hr experience. You will leave the woods feeling refreshed and invigorated.
Immerse yourself in the natural world for 24 hours and get back to how our ancestors used to live. You will leave feeling relaxed and refreshed and with lots of new skills to use and practice. Suitable for anyone who loves being outside and wants to learn new skills to use on future trips into the wilderness or/and for those who want to sleep out but need their confidence and skills building to make themselves comfortable.
- Learn knife and saw skills
- Make mallets, tent pegs, traps and pot hangers
- Learn useful knots
- Erect tarps
- Build debris shelters
- Have the opportunity to sleep in a shelter you made
- Learn different fire lighting techniques including friction (rubbing sticks together)
- Make cordage out of plant fibres
- Learn to navigate by the stars (if they are out)
- Prepare wild fresh game for dinner (optional… we can also cater for vegetarians)
- Learn about the uses of different plants.
- You will be encouraged to sleep under one of your shelters but if you would like to bring your own tent or shelter and would feel more comfortable then please do.
- A kit list will be emailed to you upon booking. No specialist equipment is required.
- Minimum age of 7 years old and under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cake, biscuits and hot and cold drinks provided. Please bring extra food if you want.
- Please get in touch beforehand if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Minimum group size is 4 people. We have to do this to make it viable. If you are an individual or small group please call for available dates and to discuss options.
- For last minute bookings please contact us for availability and we will be happy to help.
- If you are making a group booking and want the course tailored to your needs please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Oh my, where to start? My 11 year old and I attended an overnight bushcraft course and we had an awesome time! The leaders (Ed and Ad) are just lovely, very professional and experienced - nothing is too much trouble. I was so nervous attending with my 11 year old alone but they were brilliantly supportive and such good hosts too. We learnt so much from lighting a fire and preparing pheasants to making our own mallets and tent pegs. Would highly recommend, it’s a fabulous experience and incredibly well organised and structured.