Stalk to Fork (UK)
Enjoy a weekend's deer stalking with a difference. Not only will this two-day overnight course give you the opportunity to stalk, you'll also find out how to butcher and cook what you cull.
On this course you'll:
- Get full training with rim-fired and centre-fired rifles
- Learn how to stalk and the reasons why we cull
- Spend one evening and one morning stalking for Roe and Muntjac
- Go lamping for rabbits and foxes after dark
- Have a venison butchery masterclass
- Experiment with different cooking techniques to prepare perfect meat
- Enjoy a venison taster menu
- Leave with meat that you have shot and butchered yourself
If you do not feel confident with butchering the deer yourself we can butcher, vaccum pack and send the deer onto you (extra cost of £60 - decided at the time).
All food and drink is provided. Venison steak rolls for lunch, three course meal in the evening, stalkers breakfast and sample menu to finish off (you will not go hungry!).
Accommodation is in heated bell tents with comfortable camp beds (2 people per tent). Toilet facilities provided via a composting toilet.
To give everyone the opportunity to get the full experience places are limited to four people per course.
I've been on two stalks with Jamie and Charles and both times I've walked away feeling like I've learnt so much as well as filling my freezer. From how the deer are cared for and the most humane way to cull when necessary, all the way to properly field dressing after a shoot and cooking the meat. I can't recommend wild bushcraft enough, even if you've never had experience shooting or hunting you'll be made to feel welcome, and taught enthusiastically. It seems like their main focus is on caring for the animals on their land which makes the whole experience so much more rewarding.
Tom Smith, Hampshire
(Stalk to Fork (UK))