Enjoy a weekend's deer stalking with a difference. Not only will this two-day overnight course give you the opportunity to stalk, you'll also find out how to butcher and cook what you cull.
On this course you'll:
- Get full training with rim-fired and centre-fired rifles
- Learn how to stalk and the reasons why we cull
- Spend one evening and one morning stalking for Roe and Muntjac
- Shoot after dark with the lamp and thermal for rabbits and foxes
- Have a venison butchery masterclass
- Experiment with different cooking techniques to prepare perfect meat
- Fully catered. The food is fantastic!
- Leave with meat that you have shot and butchered yourself
If you do not feel confident with butchering the deer yourself we can butcher, vacuum pack and send the deer onto you (extra cost of £60 - decided at the time).
All food and drink is provided. Venison steak rolls for lunch, pheasant goujons and venison burgers for dinner, stalkers breakfast and sample menu to finish off (you will not go hungry!).
Accommodation is in bell tents with comfortable camp beds (2 people per tent).
To give everyone the opportunity to get the full experience places are limited to four people per course.
Recently undertook the stalk to fork weekend with 2 friends. Deer stalking is totally new to me and came away having thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and also learnt a lot. It is certainly a full experience; learning everything from how to handle a rifle, to stalking and then finally butchery class. Well worth doing. Jamie is a very good tutor/host and made the whole weekend great fun. The course is held on a very nice estate and part of the fun is just being outside in the countryside. I would very much recommend.
(Stalk to Fork (UK))