Enjoy a weekend's deer stalking with a difference. Not only will this two-day overnight course give you the opportunity to stalk, you'll also find out how to butcher and cook what you cull.
On this course you'll:
- Get full training with rim-fired and centre-fired rifles
- Learn how to stalk and the reasons why we cull
- Spend one evening and one morning stalking for Roe and Muntjac
- Shoot after dark with the lamp to simulate lamping
- Have a venison butchery masterclass
- Experiment with different cooking techniques to prepare perfect meat
- Enjoy a venison taster menu
- Leave with meat that you have shot and butchered yourself
If you do not feel confident with butchering the deer yourself we can butcher, vaccum pack and send the deer onto you (extra cost of £60 - decided at the time).
All food and drink is provided. Venison steak rolls for lunch, three course meal in the evening, stalkers breakfast and sample menu to finish off (you will not go hungry!).
Accommodation is in bell tents with comfortable camp beds (2 people per tent). Toilet facilities provided via a composting toilet.
To give everyone the opportunity to get the full experience places are limited to four people per course.
Looking to be more self reliant in terms of the meat you eat? Then the courses this company offers is a must.. after two days out in the field I am now confident to stalk, shoot and prepare my own venison. The knowledge the guys passed on was clear and thorough.. the best weekend had by all involved.. thank you.
(Stalk to Fork (UK))