Enjoy a weekend's deer stalking with a difference. Not only will this two-day overnight course give you the opportunity to stalk, you'll also find out how to butcher and cook what you cull.
On this course you'll:
- Get full training with rim-fired and centre-fired rifles
- Learn how to stalk and the reasons why we cull
- Spend one evening and one morning stalking for Roe and Muntjac
- Shoot after dark with the lamp to simulate lamping
- Have a venison butchery masterclass
- Experiment with different cooking techniques to prepare perfect meat
- Enjoy a venison taster menu
- Leave with meat that you have shot and butchered yourself
If you do not feel confident with butchering the deer yourself we can butcher, vaccum pack and send the deer onto you (extra cost of £60 - decided at the time).
All food and drink is provided. Venison steak rolls for lunch, three course meal in the evening, stalkers breakfast and sample menu to finish off (you will not go hungry!).
Accommodation is in bell tents with comfortable camp beds (2 people per tent). Toilet facilities provided via a composting toilet.
To give everyone the opportunity to get the full experience places are limited to four people per course.
The Stalk to Fork course was simply the best thing I have done for many years. It was educational, exciting, fun, tiring, a great bonding experience and a wonderful way to spend a weekend walking in beautiful countryside learning from such experienced people and enjoying the majesty of the animals. Even the camp beds were comfortable (or maybe I was just exhausted :-) ) and the freshly cooked food was delicious. Steve you are my hero for being so patient stalking, explaining all the processes we went through and then finding the beer cooler at the end of the day. Would love to revisit this again next year. Jamie this is a marvellous course that more townies should be made aware of. Well done to all the guys running it and the guys who signed up to it you were all excellent company. Thank you. Kerry
(Stalk to Fork (UK))