Rediscover primitive butchery and cookery skills on this intimate, four-person course. We promise you the most delicious, melt-in-the-mouth meat, all prepared by your own fair hands!
On this course you’ll:
- Find out about more about deer management and benefits of venison
- Learn how to skin and butcher a deer, stalked by the instructor himself
- Try different cooking techniques including carpaccio, steaks and roasts
- Rediscover ancestral skills to make use of the hide and antlers
- Enjoy a lavish venison and wild food feast complete with wine
- Get to take home meat that you have butchered yourself
This course uses only equipment that you will already have at home so you can put the skills you learn to the test after the course to impress your family and friends.
Some work colleagues and I were fortunate enough to visit Jamie during one of his trips to The Sustainability Centre in Hants. We did around 6-7 hours of skinning, butchery and cooking - an amazing experience leaning from an extremely knowledgeable tutor. Jamie has a great manner, is good fun and knows his stuff. I highly recommend the Deer Butchery course but can see that anything with Jamie would be thoroughly enjoyable.
Sam G, South East
(Whole of the Deer)