Whole of the Deer
Rediscover primitive butchery and cookery skills on this intimate, four-person course. We promise you the most delicious, melt-in-the-mouth meat, all prepared by your own fair hands!
On this course you’ll:
- Find out about more about deer management and benefits of venison
- Learn how to skin and butcher a deer, stalked by the instructor himself
- Try different cooking techniques including carpaccio, steaks and roasts
- Rediscover ancestral skills to make use of the hide and antlers
- Enjoy a lavish venison and wild food feast complete with wine
- Get to take home meat that you have butchered yourself
This course uses only equipment that you will already have at home so you can put the skills you learn to the test after the course to impress your family and friends.
Jamie came along to a camp we had organised for some of our customers to give a venison butchery demonstration. Deckchairs at the ready, we all sat in the sun while he built a wooden tripod from which to hang a 30kg roe deer he shot recently in the New Forest. Jamie’s enthusiasm is catching and he soon had children and adults alike wielding a knife and helping with the skinning, jointing and preparation for cooking. Jamie’s knowledge and love of the land shine through and pepper his talks with titbits of knowledge and deeper insights into managing our land and deer populations. The tenderloins and haunch steaks were cooked to perfection and everyone had a taste and mopped up the juices with sourdough bread made by another guest. A thoroughly enjoyable few hours with a thoroughly lovely person. Will definitely book again!
Lesley, North Wales
(Whole of the Deer)