Rediscover primitive butchery and cookery skills on this intimate, four-person course. We promise you the most delicious, melt-in-the-mouth meat, all prepared by your own fair hands!
On this course you’ll:
- Find out about more about deer management and benefits of venison
- Learn how to skin and butcher a deer, stalked by the instructor himself
- Try different cooking techniques including carpaccio, steaks and roasts
- Rediscover ancestral skills to make use of the hide and antlers
- Enjoy a lavish venison and wild food feast complete with wine
- Get to take home meat that you have butchered yourself
This course uses only equipment that you will already have at home so you can put the skills you learn to the test after the course to impress your family and friends.
Jamie took us through the deer butchering process and cooked up our produce at the end of the course, with knowledgeable and enthusiastic input throughout the day. Great course,great setting,hands on, delicious grub, and washed down with some lovely wine to finish. Would highly recommend. Thank you, Jamie.
Tom Kennedy, Dorset
(Whole of the Deer)