Rediscover primitive butchery and cookery skills on this intimate, four-person course. We promise you the most delicious, melt-in-the-mouth meat, all prepared by your own fair hands!
On this course you’ll:
- Find out about more about deer management and benefits of venison
- Learn how to skin and butcher a deer, stalked by the instructor himself
- Try different cooking techniques including carpaccio, steaks and roasts
- Rediscover ancestral skills to make use of the hide and antlers
- Enjoy a lavish venison and wild food feast complete with wine
- Get to take home meat that you have butchered yourself
This course uses only equipment that you will already have at home so you can put the skills you learn to the test after the course to impress your family and friends.
We joined Jamie and Ed for the "Whole of the Deer" day course. We had the unforgettable experience of learning how to skin and butcher a deer, whilst learning all about the conservation and environmental considerations of deer hunting.
The deer had been shot by Jamie himself and we didn't let any of the animal go to waste, leaving the course with the "Whole of the Deer" to devour at home!
Jamie was a great host and we could not recommend the day more highly. We look forward to returning to The Forge!
(Whole of the Deer)