Whole of the Deer
Rediscover primitive butchery and cookery skills on this intimate, four-person course. We promise you the most delicious, melt-in-the-mouth meat, all prepared by your own fair hands!
On this course you’ll:
- Find out about more about deer management and benefits of venison
- Learn how to skin and butcher a deer, stalked by the instructor himself
- Try different cooking techniques including carpaccio, steaks and roasts
- Rediscover ancestral skills to make use of the hide and antlers
- Enjoy a lavish venison and wild food feast complete with wine
- Get to take home meat that you have butchered yourself
This course uses only equipment that you will already have at home so you can put the skills you learn to the test after the course to impress your family and friends.
"Thanks for a great day, I thoroughly enjoyed the day. I've been culling and processing deer for the last 20 years and just came for the day to polish my butchery skills. I was pleasantly surprised just how much extra I learned on the day from skinning through to the cooking. Massive thanks."
Peter Laville, New Forest
(Whole of the Deer)