Rediscover primitive butchery and cookery skills on this intimate, four-person course. We promise you the most delicious, melt-in-the-mouth meat, all prepared by your own fair hands!
On this course you’ll:
- Find out about more about deer management and benefits of venison
- Learn how to skin and butcher a deer, stalked by the instructor himself
- Try different cooking techniques including carpaccio, steaks and roasts
- Rediscover ancestral skills to make use of the hide and antlers
- Enjoy a lavish venison and wild food feast complete with wine
- Get to take home meat that you have butchered yourself
This course uses only equipment that you will already have at home so you can put the skills you learn to the test after the course to impress your family and friends.
Myself and my partner had the most amazing weekend at The Forge in North Wales. We attended one of Jamie's field butchery courses which was extremely informative, hands on and super enjoyable. Jamie is extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of stalking and ultra professional.
We stayed for three nights in the yurts onsite that are very comfortable and possess a certain romantic charm. A big plus for us was that we could bring our dog who felt right at home in the surroundings!
Can't wait to come back.
Stuart, West Sussex
(Whole of the Deer)