Rediscover primitive butchery and cookery skills on this intimate, four-person course. We promise you the most delicious, melt-in-the-mouth meat, all prepared by your own fair hands!
On this course you’ll:
- Find out about more about deer management and benefits of venison
- Learn how to skin and butcher a deer, stalked by the instructor himself
- Try different cooking techniques including carpaccio, steaks and roasts
- Rediscover ancestral skills to make use of the hide and antlers
- Enjoy a lavish venison and wild food feast complete with wine
- Get to take home meat that you have butchered yourself
This course uses only equipment that you will already have at home so you can put the skills you learn to the test after the course to impress your family and friends.
Spent a fantastic day with Jamie and a small group on the deer butchery course. Really enjoyed the relaxed, interactive approach to learning. The smaller groups mean you can spend time asking questions and understanding each part of the process. The day ends with a camp fire and chance to eat the Venison cuts you’ve prepared. The meat was stunning and the atmosphere adds to an incredible day all round. Would definitely return.
Chris C, Shrewsbury
(Whole of the Deer)