Take a single piece of wood and transform it into a flat bow using historical designs, then shoot your own hand-crafted arrows on this 4 day course.
On this course you'll:
- Find out about the history of the flat bow going back 11,000 years
- Split the rounds of ash from a felled tree
- Use wood axes, draw knives and spoke shaves to carve the wood
- Learn how to use the tiller to create the arc of the bow
- Prepare and construct the string from dacron
- Harvest and make arrows from hazel branches
- Get lots of target practice!
This course is physically demanding but, rest assured, walking away with your very own bow which will bend and reform over and over again is worth all the blood, sweat and tears!
This is a fully catered course and people can camp or stay in one of our glamping bell tents. Details here.
"We thoroughly enjoyed your Bow Course and would recommend it to anyone who's interested. It's very rewarding to make your own bow and arrows and in such a beautiful place - it was just magical..."
Ian and Paul, Eastleigh