Escape to the woods for the weekend and get back to our spiritual home. This 2 day, overnight course is a great introduction to the basics of bushcraft and survival.
On this course you'll:
- Learn different fire lighting techniques
- Make cordage from hazel and nettles
- Find out about edible and medicinal plants
- Prepare wild meat and cook it on an open fire
- Learn how to sharpen and use a knife safely
- Erect natural and manmade shelters
- Put it all to the test with a night out under the stars!
Numbers are limited to eight adults with a minimum age limit of 18. A kit list will be given out prior to the course but tools and equipment will be provided. We encourage you to use the shelters you will be shown but sleeping in your own tent is also fine. Lunch will be needed on the first day but all food and drink will be provided thereafter.
Just over a week ago my partner booked us a private overnight course. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Our instructor Ed was fantastic. He was extremely knowledgeable and professional but also very relaxed and fun. I have a variety of health conditions that can limit me at times. While out I did have a bad turn and Ed was fantastic. He gave me the time I needed to recover and once I was ready we started again. I have come away with new skills that I only ever dreames of having. Ed was patient and understanding and helped me and taught me in a way that i actually took it on board. I would highly recommend Wild Bushcraft Company. They are fantastic!