Immerse yourself in the woods for the day to learn about: knife and saw skills, fire lighting, bread making, useful knots, how to put up shelters, how to prepare game (optional) and useful woodland plants.
Get back to basics and forget about the busy world outside of the woods. This course is perfect for individuals, groups and families who want to have a fun day learning practical skills for life in beautiful, relaxing surroundings.
- Learn knife and saw skills
- Make mallets, tent pegs and pot hangers
- Learn simple, useful knots
- Erect tarpaulins
- Learn different fire lighting techniques including friction (rubbing sticks together)
- Make and cook delicious bannock bread
- Get involved in game preparation (optional)
- Learn about the uses of different plants.
- No minimum age but under 18's must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cake, biscuits and hot and cold drinks provided. Bring your own lunch. In the afternoon you will watch and prepare your own woodland snacks. There will be plenty of food but please bring more if you want.
- Please get in touch beforehand if you have any special dietary requirements.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for all weathers.
- Minimum group size is 4 people. We have to do this to make it viable. If you are an individual or small group please call for available dates and to discuss options.
- For last minute bookings please contact us for availability and we will be happy to help.
- If you are making a group booking and want the course tailored to your needs please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
"Learnt so much in a day course and will definitely be going back to do a weekend course. Jamie is very patient and relaxed, a great teacher. Also really enjoyed Jamie's cooking, duck and hare were amazing. Would highly recommend this to anyone, young or old. Thank you for such a brilliant day :)"
(Full Day Bushcraft)