This course will provide you with foundation skills and experience to enable you to lead and teach bushcraft and provide you with the qualification to gain insurance for your sessions.
We are proud to be able to offer the NCFE Level 2 Bushcraft Instructor course.
This 30 hour module is designed for people who want to work with groups in the woods and deliver fun and engaging bushcraft sessions.
You should have an interest in bushcraft and have some previous experience to attend the course.
This course will:
- Take you and/or your instructors to the next level
- Allow you to offer a wider range of experiences to your clients/pupils
- Cover all the fundamentals plus invaluable aspects of group management and site suitability and sustainability
- Leave you with the knowledge and experience to deliver engaging, fun, quality bushcraft sessions
- Enable you to get insurance for your sessions through credible brokers
How it works:
- Attend the two day training course
- Practise your skills (at least 16 hours of consolidation is required)
- Day of observed assessment
- Campfire Cooking & Hygiene
- Knife Sharpening
- Wood Work
- Game Preparation (bird)
- Game Preparation (fish)
- Fire Lighting Development
- Introduction to Friction Fire Lighting
We will cover all 10 mandatory units during the training. For the assessment you will be required to develop, set up and deliver sessions including elements from at least 4 of the 10 units. After the teaching you will be informally tested (practically and by question and answer) on the other parts of the syllabus.
You are required to spend 30 hours on this course. The training days are between 7 to 7.5 hours each. You are then expected to commit 16 hours to consolidate your skills (this should include developing lessons for the assessment and we will give you example lesson plans to help with this).
We are delivering this course as a sub-contractor for Land and Wave in Dorset and your certificates will be branded with their logo.
Why we are delivering this course:
- We have decided to deliver this level 2 course because it is great first step in bushcraft instruction
- You will gain enough experience to teach the basics of bushcraft with confidence
- Gives you the certification to gain insurance for your sessions
Through delivering this course we hope to raise the level of teaching in bushcraft throughout the outdoor education sector and get more people engaged in the outdoors through bushcraft. It is also an amazing course for teachers looking to develop outdoor sessions to engage their young people.
This Land and Wave NCFE customised qualification has been developed to meet the specific needs of the learners and has been accredited by NCFE demonstrating the quality and rigor.
NCFE is an awarding organisation recognised by the qualification regulators for England (Ofqual), Wales (Qualifications Wales) and Northern Ireland (CCEA Regulation).
This qualification has been accredited as a Customised Qualification and we have benchmarked the qualification’s learning outcomes and assessment criteria at Level 2 to allow you to demonstrate the difficulty and depth of study.
If you are looking for a place to develop your skills, this is the place!! Awesome knowledge of all aspects of bush craft, well worth checking out, these skills will be used to enrich the curriculum we deliver in an Alternative Education setting.
Adam, North Wales
(NCFE Level 2 Bushcraft Instructor)